– Determine if your BlackBerry is “locked or unlocked”:
A. On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Sim Card.
B. At that screen type MEPD (holding Shift Key) on your keyboard. A new menu will pop up.
C. Look for Network in the list.
D. If your device is “unlocked”, it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it’s still locked to that carrier.
If BB is locked, we can unlock as following:
– Get IMEI: Type (dail) *#06#
OR From the Home screen: select Menu > Select Options > Select Status :Your IMEI will be located on the screen with the PIN and ESN numbers.
OR Alt _ Cap _ H
– Get MEP:
+ “ALT CAPS H” to show “Help Me” screen
+ Get BB-Key at http://www.webalice.it/zibri/escr.html
Device PIN: 226de7e1
App Version: 188.8.131.526 (1682)
+ Type in BB-Key (not case sensitive)
+ Go to “OS Engineering Screens”
+ Device Info, scroll down to see MEP-xxxxx-xxx
If device is not password protected, can get MEP via software (Read Mep)
– Get free unlock code from:
– Unlock with code:
+ For Blackberry Bold 9000
Note: No SIM is needed to unlock the phone.
1) Turn off/Disable all connections (Bluetooth, WIFI and Network communications). The menu is located under Manage Communications.
2) Go to Settings
3) Go to Options
4) Go to Advanced Options
5) Go to SIM Card
6) Hold CAPS and type “mepd” OR hold CAPS + type “mepe”/ “mepd” (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen). A new menu should drop down. If your phone is locked you will see “Active” or “Enabled” beside “Network”.
7) Hold ALT and type “mep2” OR hold ALT + type “mep2” (Please note that you will NOT see what you type on the screen).
Note: On the right hand side of the prompt you will see “X left”, where X is the number of tries you have left to enter the code. NEVER let this number go below 4. Once you get to 0 your phone will be hard-locked.
8) It will ask you for the unlock code. Enter the 8 or 16 digit unlock code we provided and then press enter to confirm (only enter the unlock code once!!!!). You should get a “code accepted” message. Your phone is now unlocked!
*****If you get a “code error” please see the first question in our Questions and Answers section.*****
9) Once unlocked Turn All Connections ON.
10) Please reset your phone. You can do this in two ways: 1) remove the battery while the phone is on, insert SIM as desired and re-insert the battery. OR 2) You can press and hold ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+Backspace/Delete in that order.