[ROM][JB 4.1.1][GSM/CDMA] AOKP SGT7 – JELLYBEAN (latest: 06/10/2012)
for Samsung Galaxy Tab (GSM/CDMA)
:: : [ ICS BUILD THREAD ] : ::
*** READ THIS FIRST POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR POSTING IN THIS THREAD ***
|[ :: DISCLAIMER :: ]|
this rom is a BETA, it is NOT complete. it will definitely have bugs or things that don’t work the way they should. FLASHING THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! i take no responsibility for any damage flashing this rom may cause to your tablet, computer, family members, pets, the environment, or the planet. remember, by downloading this rom and flashing it on your tablet, you accept that it may not work as it should.
this rom is based on the SGT7 TE4M’s device and vendor files, therefore anything not working in the official CM10 builds, won’t work on this (and some things that do may not even work).
*** WARNING!!! ***THE BUILDS OF AOKP SGT7 JELLYBEAN COME WITH A NEW PARTITION LAYOUT WHICH IS DIFFERENT TO THE ICS RELEASES – IF YOU WISH TO RETURN TO ICS FOR ANY REASON YOU NEED TO RESTOCK YOUR TABLET!!! (same goes for going back to Gingerbread)
|this rom is not official, it means that you wont find it on AOKP’s download pages, you wont find it on their github, and you wont get any help asking them about this build. it is not supported by TeamKang (creators of AOKP), and may never be. do not attempt to download any of the roms on their website / forums and flash them on to a GalaxyTab. downloading roms built for other devices will cause you great heartache and either turn your tablet into an expensive brick, or you will have to restock / reflash your tablet.furthermore – it seems TeamKang have dropped support for the CDMA variant of the GalaxyTab for their JB builds – this is now one of the only releases of AOKP you will find for ANY of the “OG” GalaxyTabs. you can still download an official release of AOKP for the CDMA variants for ICS – THIS IS NOT THIS ROM|
|[ :: BUGS / KNOWN ISSUES :: ]|
of course, being a beta there is bugs. first and foremost, i will say it again, this build of AOKP is based on the SGT7 TE4M’s device, vendor and kernels, therefore: ANYTHING THAT DOESNT WORK ON CM10 WILL NOT WORK ON THIS BUILD EITHER!
during my testing of AOKP features i have noticed the following bugs:
- Vibrations menu in ROMControl will Force Close (FC) ROMControl, so far its not working but i have left it there to work on getting it going
- Battery Bar does not work in Tablet UI (won’t show up no matter what you set it to)
- If you change the clock to centered on Hybrid Mode, then the clock will not show up in the notification area in Tablet UI – make sure you change it back to Right if you change to Tablet UI
- (not really a bug?) Toggles will not show in Tablet UI unless you click on the clock area.
- Holding down the Home Button to get to the Navbar Ring will cause the Recents Menu to appear
- Sliders on the Perfomance Menu for changing clock speed are terribly unresponsive (can take many clicks / long clicks to get it to change) – but they do work.
and some more device/rom based bugs:
- USB Tether is not working, so it has been disabled in Toggles – it will not work if you attempt to enable it in Settings.
this as i said is a beta, and each person that flashes this is in a way a tester…
so you think you have found a bug in AOKP SGT7? – thats great! (well, not really but at least its a step closer to it being potentially fixed!)
here is what you do:
|[ :: SCREENSHOTS / VIDEOS :: ]|
here is a few screenshots of AOKP SGT7 – Jellybean Edition in action on my tablet:
|[ :: DOWNLOADS :: ]|
with the release of JB, i have decided to change from basing my build’s around the AOKP official “builds” / “milestones”. each release will now be date stamped (as well as each kernel) in the following format: YYYYMMDD – i.e. the first build is “aokp_sgt7-p1-jb_20121006” – thats a p1 (GT-P1000) build released on 06/10/2012.
this means that the builds i release won’t neccesarily match up to the official builds – check the changelog for the official build it was released around. releases may occur either more than once between official builds, or may skip a few official builds.
*** ALL JELLYBEAN DOWNLOADS HAVE THE NEW BLUE LOGOS AS SEEN ON THE FIRST POST ABOVE ***
GAPPS :: (26/07/2012) – [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]
gapps links are hosted on goo.im, check out http://goo.im/gapps/ for latest gapps package (download the CyanogenMod 10.x version)
SOURCE :: http://github.com/stimpz0r
|[ :: INSTALLATION :: ]|
FOR ALL VARIANTS ::
- copy the rom onto your SD card or internal memory
- reboot in to ClockworkMod Recovery
- go to wipe menu
- select “wipe data / factory reset” from the main menu and “wipe dalvik cache” from the “advanced” menu ** MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM **
- READ ME :: if this is your first installation of JB (i.e. you are coming from ICS) you will get a status 7 error and a message that flashing this will wipe your data – IT SHOULD NOT AFFECT YOUR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL SDCARD (but don’t quote me on that) – to confirm you understand this you will need to select the rom again.
- after a few seconds, the tablet will reboot and MAY (if you have just upgraded to MTD) go into a bootloop. you will see a CWM recovery screen flash up, then boot cycle. hold down the vol up key as soon as you see it power cycle and it should go back to recovery (if this doesn’t work then hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off, and turn it back on while holding both power + volume up – when you see the Samsung logo let go of the power button while still holding volume up).
- go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file
- after a few seconds, the tablet will reboot and go into a bootloop (you will see a CWM recovery screen flash up). hold down the vol up key and it should go back to recovery.
- again, go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file for the rom
- do the same as above for gapps (google apps)
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON GOING BACK TO AN ICS BUILD OF AOKP, OR ANY OTHER ICS ROMS ROMS YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
you need to restock and install a custom kernel with CWM 5+ before attempting to install the MTD based rom. restocking and installing Overcome (or at the very least the Overcome Kernel) on the P1000 is necessary to ensure that there are no problems with the conversion to MTD (restock ensures a clean system and partitions, flashing overcome’s kernel gives us an updated CWM recovery which is needed to flash an MTD rom), and the last thing anyone wants is for their tab to fail and become bricked. read the link above to further explain MTD; what it is and what its benefits are. for the end user its not a big noticable change, but the possibilities it opens make it very worthwhile.
FOLLOW THE RESTOCKING STEPS FOR YOUR DEVICE, THEN FOLLOW THE “FOR ALL VARIANTS” STEPS BELOW
FOR P1000 (GSM) ONLY ::
FOR ALL OVERCOME FILES AND GUIDES PLEASE GO HERE (thanks to sos_sifou): XDA :: [ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links
follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide all the way for going back to Gingerbread.
if you are going back to ICS follow the guide up to the flashing of the Overcome Kernel and rebooting, but as soon as you reboot then you go straight to CWM recovery (hold power + volume up)
FOR P1000L (GSM) ONLY ::
NEED TO FILL THIS IN! research first before flashing!!!
FOR P1000N (GSM) ONLY ::
NEED TO FILL THIS IN! research first before flashing!!!
FOR SCH-I800 / SPH-P100 (CDMA) ONLY ::
here is a good tutorial for going from stock to CM9 on the CDMA variants:
you don’t need to install build 7 at the end of the above guide, but once you have done installing build #5, follow the guide below to get to AOKP SGT7.
*** WARNING ***IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER YOU MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR TABLET!
i will not be held responsible for any damage you cause by not doing as you have been told. this is your only warning. any complaints about something going wrong because you haven’t followed these to the letter WILL BE IGNORED.
if you are already on an MTD based rom, follow the instructions i gave under the FOR ALL VARIANTS section (you do not need to restock everytime you install a new MTD based rom), and you should be fine (it wont reboot/bootloop the first time you flash if you are already on MTD), you may not even need to wipe data / dalvik cache if its from a previous MTD build of AOKP, but if you are having problems, it is the first thing you should do.
|[ :: CHANGELOG :: ]|
BUILD DATE :: 06/10/2012
AOKP OFFICIAL BUILD :: Build #4
INITIAL JELLYBEAN BUILD – CHANGES ::
+ NEW: AOKP SGT7 Kernel Logo / Bootanimation / Default Wallpaper / SGT7Walls / DeskClock ported over to JB
+ NEW: included Apollo / Trebuchet (sbradymobile edition) / P1Parts from SGT7 CM builds – Capacitive button control lives in P1Parts from here on in.
+ NEW: HumberOS JB kernel included for GSM builds (not for CDMA!) – 5 CPU governors from ICS also included on top of the usual ones included with HumberOS kernels
* FIXED: voltage control fixed again – works as it should (i hope!)
* FIXED: give system.radio permission to modify /dev/alarm (allows users to set the clock) – again.
* REMOVED: Apex Launcher will now no longer be included with AOKP SGT7 builds
* Vibrations menu in ROMControl will Force Close (FC) ROMControl, so far its not working but i have left it there to work on getting it going
* Battery Bar does not work in Tablet UI (won’t show up no matter what you set it to)
* If you change the clock to centered on Hybrid Mode, then the clock will not show up in the notification area in Tablet UI – make sure you change it back to Right if you change to Tablet UI
* (not really a bug?) Toggles will not show in Tablet UI unless you click on the clock area.
* Holding down the Home Button to get to the Navbar Ring will cause the Recents Menu to appear
* Sliders on the Perfomance Menu for changing clock speed are terribly unresponsive (can take many clicks / long clicks to get it to change) – but they do work.