LED SMD 5050 vs. SMD 2835 vs. SMD 3528
So what do these numbers mean? Is one better than the other? Well, the numbers actually represent the package size.
|SMD5050||5.0mm x 5.0mm||0.24|
|SMD 2835||2.8mm x 3.5mm||0.15|
|SMD3528||3.5mm x 2.8mm||0.08|
SMD stands for Surface Mount Device. SMD 2835 is the newest SMD configuration and offers the best cost / performance. It is significantly smaller than the SMD5050 and has better heat dissipation.
Advantages of SMD 2835 vs 3528
- Chip direct conduction fins improve the heat dissipation performance allowing it to withstand higher current (40-60mA)
- 2-3 times larger heat sink than 3528, allowing excellent heat dissipation
- Slower light decay of LED chip life
- Oversized light-emitting surface improves the rate of light up to 90%.
- Ultra-thin structure solves the 3528’s long-standing problem.
- 2-3 times higher luminous efficiency than 3528; capable of up to 90-100 Lumens per Watt.
- The costs have been reduced by up to 20% vs the older 3528 design.
Core Advantage of 2835 LED:
- The vertical structure: Chip direct conduction fins to improve the heat dissipation performance, which can withstand the higher current (40-60mA)
- Large heat sink: larger than 3528 heat sink 2-3 times, excellent heat dissipation design, light decay of LED chip life more secure; ,
- Oversized light-emitting surface: to improve the rate of light: up to 90%.
- Ultra-thin structure: to solve the 3528 been long-standing problem spot;
- High optical efficiency: higher than 3528 luminous efficiency 2-3 times the luminous efficiency of up to 130LM / W (@CRI>80);
- Super stability: low light fades material, process, process maturity and stability.
- The high cost: to achieve the same luminous flux, than 3528 costs reduced more than 20%
- SMD3528 is old, usually we say SMD 2835 is update version for SMD3528 and SMD3014
- Lighting area: SMD2835 is 9.18mm, 3528 is 4.5mm only.
- Light View Angle: SMD2835 have 120degree light view angle, SMD3528 have 90 degree only.
- Heat dissipation: SMD2835 have big heat sink for heat dissipation, SMD3528 light source do not have heat sink.So SMD2835 is better
- Cost: SMD2835 cheaper than SMD3528.Typical 0.2W SMD2835 LED power is approximately equal to 3pcs 0.06W SMD3528.